Girl Rising is a powerful feature film and a global action campaign for girls’ education.
The film spotlights the true stories of extraordinary girls around the world, striving beyond circumstance and overcoming impossible odds to reach their dreams. Girl Rising promotes a powerful truth: educating girls in the developing world can transform families, communities, and entire countries—and break the cycle of poverty in just one generation.
We’re currently looking for fall interns to work closely with our team on the following areas:
- Grassroots Engagement (community building, film screenings, international programs)
- Educator Program (GR curriculum, teacher engagement, pilot programs)
- Business Development
The work and support you will provide through your internship will help further the impact of our global programming.
These positions offer the opportunity to gain great insight into all aspects of Girl Rising while giving you a great general experience of working as part of a small, creative, hardworking and incredibly driven NGO team. You will work in a fast-paced, energetic environment with passionate and creative people.
- A positive, proactive attitude
- An interest in gender equality, international development, film, social campaigns and/or film distribution
- Experience with database management
- Timeliness and organization
- Attention to detail
- Reliable work ethic
- Positive team player, honest, open, and a sense of humor
- Available 3+ days a week
Application Process: Please fill out our online form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - with a preferred start date of early September 2017.
This internship is unpaid. College credit is available. You must be able to work from our New York City office.